AIM
NGEvark

Lovesick in the Shadows Lovesick in the Shadows

Yea, nice. This song is how I imagine drugs on a dance floor to feel.

I would have to echo the complaints about the vocals, though mine is much more that the authenticity of the live sound drowns them the fuck out. Have him yell more or amplify them a li'l more. Actually, just now I noticed they seem to dip out a bit... maybe he could just adjust how he's holding the mic so it picks up his voice more/more consistently.

FUNKbrs responds:

We've started exporting the tracks to a proper mixing software in the album release that fixes most of those problems. Our new home recording sound better than the studio recordings in the last album (only one un mastered track of that album was leaked to NG). We're doing our second session for the second album this weekend, and they all sound clean as HELL.

Take Me Home, Country Roads Take Me Home, Country Roads

Ha ha, I can't stop grinning listening to this rendition. Great attention to detail!

Sonata of Regret(8-bit)+*~.0 Sonata of Regret(8-bit)+*~.0

I have to admit

That I really greatly liked this one over the other version.

Chronamut responds:

it's funny - i've had SUCH mixed reactions- there are a bunch of people that LOVE the piano one over the 8-bit, and then these are thsoe of you that love THIS one over the other one.

As a result I submitted both of them - as I feel both give a different atmosphere to the same notes. The other one is more a sad contemplative piece, while being on a tad unremarkable side, more liek the bg of a movie scene.

While I find the 8-bit of this one breathes more.. life into it somehow.

so thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Combine Machinery Hall Combine Machinery Hall

This song is great

Concept or not (even though I've played the game and I definitely get the feel you're going for) I enjoyed this track thoroughly. The kick-in of the clap-clap clap, clap-clap realy got me into the feel. Well done.

vai90 responds:

Thank you! :)

Electrick - Tranquillity Electrick - Tranquillity

Wow, this song's pretty awesome

I like pretty much every part of it. They just build well into each other. Though it's got a lot of fast-paced stuff for being named tranquility.

[ dionysiac ] [ dionysiac ]

Surprisingly good

Not sure why you had to PM me in order to get me to check this out, but I guess I'm sorta glad you did. The singing gets a little too harsh at parts for me, but overall it's quite enjoyable.

It sounds really professional though. It's hard to believe that you made this on your own, so I guess take that as a compliment. :-)

In conclusions: for an inbox spammer, your music was actually surprisingly good. ;-)

Crunchfest Crunchfest

Loved it

I listened to this loop for probably a solid half hour without noticing it was the same thing. Really cool, I liked the heavy feel to it.

Fived.

FUNKbrs responds:

Man... I'm suprised my super old stuff holds up so well. It's probably the sound quality or something. Back when I used to care about shit like that.

FU2 FU2

I liked it

Really nice effect, made me feel like I was front row of a concert or something. However, that same static-y feel also hurt you, as it hurt the clarity. It was good though, I gave it a five anyway.

FUNKbrs responds:

I just found out Tascam makes an 8 track recorder for under 500$.....It would have been cool to be able to fix that in post. I use a standalone CD burner, so I never get to tweak the mix in post.

Al shines acoustic Al shines acoustic

Excellent

Perfect for those random walking around animations. If I ever get off my lazy ass (or on it, rather) and animate something I actually submit, I'll be sure to use this for any walking around/thinking animations.

On the music: I loved it. I'm a huge fan of guitar work, and I really liked what you did here. Good stuff.

Squint Squint

I really enjoyed it

It was very reminiscent of a Looney Toons game I used to play at one point. Needless to say, you won points for that. Great job, I really liked it.

Zerok responds:

Haha, kickin' it old school.
Glad you enjoyed it man. I'll keep you posted when I put something else out.